Mini Original vs Mini Deluxe - Which Should I Choose?
If you’ve got a toddler or preschooler on your hands, you may be wondering if you should choose the Mini Original or the Mini Deluxe.
So, which should you choose?
In this post, we’re walking you through the main differences, and giving you our top recommendations!
While these two scooters are largely similar, there are some differences to note:
The Mini Original has a weight limit of 44 lbs
The Mini Deluxe has a weight limit of 75 lbs
The Mini Original does not have an adjustable handlebar
The Mini Deluxe does have an adjustable handlebar (it goes from 43cm-59cm).
The Mini Original has an aluminium handlebar stem.
The Mini Deluxe has an anodized stem which protects the scooter from corrosion.
The Mini Original comes with standard PU wheels
The Mini Deluxe also comes with standard PU wheels, and also is available as the Mini Deluxe LED which has motion-activated LED light-up PU wheels.
The Mini Original has a plain deck.
The Mini Deluxe has silicone-injected writing on the deck which acts as a grip to provide children with more secure footing when scooting.
While the Mini Original and Mini Deluxe scooters are different in several ways, they are very similar overall. Both scooters share the following qualities:
- The stem of both scooters can be easily and quickly removed for easy transport and storage.
- Both utilize the lean and steer scooting style, where children shift their body weight left or right to steer the scooter.
- The Mini Deluxe and Mini Original scooters come with strong rear brakes. Some scooter brands don’t have them! Our scooters come with brakes that are sturdy and strong.
- Lightweight design is one of our hallmarks, making it easy for a child to manage the scooter confidently. Both the Mini Original and Mini Deluxe weigh just 4.2 lbs.
- No hurt ankles! The Mini Deluxe and Mini Original both have a T-bar that is fixed to the deck, meaning if children pick it up, the deck won’t swivel and hit them.
- The Mini Original and Mini Deluxe scooters are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, thanks to 3 puncture-proof, non-marking wheels. These wheels also help children easily balance on the scooter – they can just get on and scoot off, as it stands upright on its own.
- Replacement parts & warranty. Both scooters come with a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Read more about it here! If your scooter has experienced some wear and tear over the years, there’s no need to replace the whole thing. Just shop our affordable replacement parts, and check out our how-to’s to keep your scooter top-notch.
We hope this guide has helped to explain the difference between our Mini Original and Mini Deluxe scooters. If you have any questions please let us know, we’re always happy to help!