Last week, we scootered around the historic Mission District and found so many beautiful historic buildings to learn about and scooter around. It was founded in 1771, and the fourth of California’s 21 missions. We scootered around the fountain and to the plaques to learn more. The kids didn’t get tired but are always easily entertained by scooters and a pack of gum in their pocket. Ha! I’m sharing a short list below of why we LOVE our scooters:
Top 5 Reasons Why We Love Our Scooters
- Great Exercise. Scooters get kids moving! When are kids are tempted to spend hours on devices such as iPads and laptops, it’s important to give them a fun alternative to sitting, scootering!
- They travel well. The micro sprite folds for easy travel. Just push and hold in the 2 buttons on either side of the front wheel and unfold your scooter. Also, think about using them on vacation to explore a new town. Bonus: the kids get less tired than walking. Pro tip: bring them when you trick or treat to keep the kids from getting easily tired walking. (Check out scooter-friendly costume ideas here)
- I get a workout. These 4 scooters fit in our SUV and if I want a workout, I wear my running shoes and try and catch up to them on their scooters. It’s harder than you think!
- They are great for almost every age. The maxi deluxe is great for ages 5-12 (what my kids have) and the micro sprite is great for ages 8-99! I have the micro white and can more easily catch up to them at the park. Either way, it’s a great workout.
- They make great gifts! Christmas is 70 days away, get or give a free scooter light to a niece, nephew, son or daughter.